Thursday, December 1, 2011

Not Your Average Princess

Most of you may know me from Shrek, so I created this blog to give you a little more information.  Most princesses these days are average.  They have either a very godmother, or seven little people living with them, or sleep for thousands of years.  Quite boring, if I say so myself.

But me, I live in a land far far away.  People seem to think they know my story, but it is only from what they've seen in movies.  The picture to the right is who I used to be.  I'm sure you're wondering why I have an old picture posted, and it's because I was much prettier back then.  Don't get me wrong, I love being an ogre. But I'm sure everyone will agree that we aren't the most appealing.

Before I married the greatest ogre ever, Shrek, I was captive in my own nightmares.  I would stay up endless nights waiting for my true love to appear to take away the spell that was once casted on me when I was younger.  At dusk I would turn into an ugly ogre, and by dawn, I would be a human again.  People never seemed to understand the difficulty of trying to hide my other side, and perceived me as some selfish princess.  But I can assure you that I am far from that.  I simply dreamed of one day finding my prince charming, just as any princess would. 

Now I am an ogre and I will always be an ogre.  I found true love and took his true form, a green beast.  I can honestly say that I'm not as stubborn and the spell changed me for the best.  It goes to show that what you expect isn't always what you'll receive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment