Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Remember My Fairy Godmother

As I combed each strand of auburn hair, I felt a dark shadow hover over me.  I was too hesitant to look up, so I stared at the ground, trying to make out who this creature was.  She whispered in my ear with a soft and subtle voice, and I knew automatically who she was.  She didn't move, so I asked her why had she come all of a sudden.  I hadn't seen my fairy godmother in almost three years so her presence was a bit absurd.  She brushed her hand across my cheek and told me she was sent by my parents.  She told me she didn't want me to blame her for my future, but that one day I will understand her purpose. 

She saw how concerned I was and told me not to worry.  At that moment, I wasn't quite sure what was happening.  But she took out her golden wand and waved it over my head.  Her fine voices gently surrounded me and she chanted these exact words, "By night one way, by day another, thus shall be the norm.  Till you receive true love's kiss, then take love's true form."  And that is the reason I currently look like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment