Thursday, December 8, 2011

Magical Realism in the Land Far Far Away

I waited for the first Sunday of every month to have dinner with my parents.  For the longest, we would have dinner in the castle.  Now that I am free, I can walk to their home and dine with two people I have missed most. On my way to the Land Far Far Away, I saw most of my old friends.  The elfs had grown almost a half and inch since I had seen them and the ginger fairies grew their new wings.  

I was pleased to see that they all greeted me with such joy and compassion.  It felt as if I never left.  I walked into the golden doors and saw the dinner table about fifty feet ahead of me.  My mother's smile was just as beautiful as I remembered, and my father's eyes resembled the green waters to the north.  I sat at the end of the table, thinking about the life I once lived.  I questioned whether or not I made the right decision in changing who I naturally was.  

Each bite of bread and each spoonful of soup, I stared into their eyes trying to see if I could hear what I was thinking.  They probably looked at me in disgust and wondered what they gave birth to.  I couldn't help but smile.  Once dinner was over, I followed one of the ginger fairies out of the castle and onto the stone road.  I guess I'll never know what they were really thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment